Men, Women and Children Transitional and Permanent Housing
www.airshome.org – go to Citysteps for a list of housing
3701 Cottage Ave Baltimore, MD 21205
- Housing intakes are scheduled after client has been screened on telephone for homeless youth between 18- 24 years of age.
Cottage Avenue Community, Transitional Housing
2601 Ulman Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215
410-728-8741 - Ms. Jackie, Director
- 8 apartments and 7 houses in Park Heights
- Must have children 0-17 years old
- Do not accept adults receiving SSI, must be able and willing to work
- Can have no evictions on record
- Life skills, case management and other supports offered to families in the program
- Up to 2 year stay with a strong link into Section 8 housing after the program
Salvation Army-Booth House
1114 N. Calvert St.
(410)685-8878 – Case Manager Terrance Lewis
- 30 day emergency shelter (60 day/90 day) and transitional housing
- 2 floors
- 3 Meals Mon-Sun
- 76 beds for families
- Referrals (Usually from DSS Homeless Unit)
Men and Women Transitional and Permanent Housing
Project PLASE (People Lacking Adequate Shelter and Employment)
1814 Maryland Ave. 21201
410-837-1400 x21 – Intake Coordinator: to get on waiting list
- Transitional and permanent housing for men and women (and some families)
- Advocate counseling (must go elsewhere for group or individual counseling)
People Encouraging People
4201 Primrose Avenue
- Residential rehabilitation and supported living services to people with mental illness and other disabilities.
May I Walk You Home
1930-34 W. Pratt – Resource Center
2019 W. Pratt – Office
410-233-3976 or 410-378-7042
443-600-7894 – Director: Kim Smith’s cell
- Shelter and transitional living program for single adults recovering from substance abuse and dealing with mental illness.
- LGBTQ affirming
- Rent is $150 plus food stamps and may be more if person has a job/add. income
- Intake fee is $150, though usually waved
- Offers life skills, anger management, relapse prevention classes and peer support groups
Men Transitional and Permanent Housing
222 N. Carrollton Ave 21223
410-728-2222 or 2007
- 18+ transitional housing for men in Hartford County (60 beds), will accept referrals from the City. Must be clean/sober and working. Offer transportation to/from work and wrap around services. $100 week.
Carrington House, JHR Baltimore
2113 East Oliver St. Baltimore, MD 21213
Intake contacts: Raymond Tyler or Paul Martin 410-947-7900
- Transitional housing for homeless men with substance abuse history
- Client must transitioning from a drug treatment center: detox or 28 day treatment program
- Referrals will be taken from other agencies and CH will schedule an appointment to interview to determine client eligibility
Christopher Place Employment Academy, Our Daily Bread
410-986-9044, Contact Carl, the Director
- Intensive residential program for formerly addicted homeless men.
- Provides education and employment readiness as well as addiction recovery support.
- Young men must be mature and motivated to be accepted into this program
At Jacob’s Well
325 E. 25th Street
410-235-8877 or 8878
Contact: Leah, Case Manager
- Transitional housing for single men and women with a mental health diagnosis who are in treatment. Expected minimum of 6 months clean and sober if formerly using.
- Expected to have some form of income, 30% of which is due for housing.
- Clients must be quite independent/sufficient, though they have their own bedrooms they share housing with 2 or 3 other people.
- Offers case management but must get core of treatment elsewhere.
Helping Up Mission
1029 East Baltimore Street 21202
410-675-7500 Program Manager – Kevin Healey
- Residential program for 21+ year old men in recovery
- 40 page application – looking for serious participants
- Program begins with a 50 day blackout – no access to phone, internet and must stay at facility.
- During the first year each participant must go to a 12 step meeting each night.
- Partner with community agencies to provide everything participants need at the facility.
- Participants then have access to 2 years of residential aftercare and continued ability to remain part of the community and accessing resources through HUP for subsequent years.
Beans and Bread: Fredrick Ozanam House
400 Bond Street Baltimore, MD 21231
Contact Program Manager Katie League
- Up to two year transitional housing program for men
- 20 beds, own locked bedroom but share a common area with 4 others
- Must be willing to work full-time (though some school or a training program will be accepted as part)
- Residents must be clean and sober (drug testing)
- Curfew for residents based on work schedule
- Residents must pay 1/3rd of their income
Harford House, GEDCO
1517 E. North Avenue
Baltimore, MD. 21213
- Harford House is a renovated series of adjoined row houses located on North Avenue in the Oliver neighborhood
- Works with clients on employment development, financial responsibility, health and wellness